Wednesday, March 01, 2006

So it's funny when one approaches 36, it seems that a few months before or after means very little. Much unlike when we were five AND A HALF! I don't care to be 35 AND A HALF. By now the few months before don't count and my wife teases me about how I claim to be 36 at least 6 months before the sacred anniversary date of my birth. I'll be precisely 36 on Friday, at 8:30 pm if one is to be absolutely precise. However, I am currently 36, give or take a few days, months, whatever.

As I reflect on another turning into my mid thirties I am thankful for much. I thank my lucky stars that I still have all my hair. Though it is becoming gray on top of my head as well as my chin, and has been since I was 24, I welcome the distinguished look that I am beholding. Particularly since our 2nd child came along a year ago has the gray become more pronounced.

I am thankful that I am still young looking. As a performer I am still able to portray characters in their 20's on up to 40-ish.

I'm thankful that right now I have a happy and stable family, with a house, 2 cars, a yard, 2.3 kids, and a dog. Dunno how we're gonna acquire the ".3" child yet, but we're right there near the average with 2.

I am thankful (as I knock profusely on wood) that I have excellent health. Ne'er a day spent in a hospital. Not even for tonsils. HOWEVER, and be forewarned all who approach their 30's, I must quote a good friend who put it very simply, "it's not the muscles, it's not the mileage, it's all about the joints." Take care of your joints, people. Though in good shape, the cartilage does wear down and I feel old when moving around sometimes, especially simply getting up from a sitting position. It's funny how I find myself talking to folks my age and to those with years of wisdom ahead of me about remedies for the aching joints. For those of you wondering, Glucosamine and MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) both work wonders.

Ok, all settled. Here I go, resolved at turning another year. Oooh...my achin' joints...

Comments on ""

 

post a comment