Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Evil Goonie-in-Training

I’m so very proud of my Goonie and her delight in evil characters. We recently watched Disney’s new DVD release of Peter Pan. During the movie I, the Evil Baritone, was entranced by the villain, Captain Hook. I turned to Goonie and asked which character she liked best, more specifically, did she like Capt. Hook? My little Evil Goonie-in-training did not bat an eyelash, and keeping her eyes glued to the screen said, “No, I like Tic-Toc the crocodile. I want him to eat Capt. Hook!” BRILLIANT!!! She digs the VILLAIN of the villain!!!! Ah, yes. Goonie’s training is coming along nicely.

Goonie is also becoming a critical eye for talent in cinema. The other night Evil Mezzo put in a VCR (wha…? Who uses VCR anymore?) of The Last of the Mohicans starring Daniel Day-Lewis. Mr. Day-Lewis, it seems, has a special place in Evil Mezzo’s heart. I’ve overheard her describe him as “dreamy”, “a dishy beast”, and “sexy hunka-hunka burnin’ love.”

Well, Evil Mezzo made a comment to Goonie as the movie opened and the first glimpse of Mr. Day-Lewis’s character in rustic wilderness garb, something to the effect of, “Goonie, isn’t that man just the most handsome man you’ve ever seen?”

To which Goonie quickly replied, “yes, almost as handsome as Daddy.”

She’ll be the first person I thank when I am awarded my Oscar.

Labels: , ,

Comments on "Evil Goonie-in-Training"

 

Blogger darlene mcleod said ... (April 25, 2007 8:15 AM) : 

Hello EB, I just stumbled across your blog from another blog I read of a very funny lady. As an amateur and aspiring opera singer (lyric/colo sop) it's lovely to read your blog.

Is Die Zauberflote a departure for you, if you are, indeed, singing Papageno, as he is in no way evil? I'm currently singing Papagena with an amateur company here in Ottawa.

Looking forward to reading more from you! Best wishes!

 

Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said ... (April 26, 2007 6:06 AM) : 

If I tell you you're smokin' hot, can I be the second person you thank?

Cuz yer totally hot. Sizzlin'.

 

post a comment