Saturday, November 18, 2006

Life is a Blur

WOW! Has it been 8 days since my last post? Holey Schmoley! Let’s see, in the last eight days I:

Traveled to scenic Bend, Oregon last weekend. (4 days gone there) While in Bend I experienced what life must have been like before cell phones and email. In fact, the kids there still ride horses to school. A traffic jam is when you have to wait for the cattle to cross the road from one pasture to the other. I was there to fill in with my old touring children’s theatre employer, MCT where I helped direct one of their new musicals, The Little Mermaid, for the local youngsters in Bend. Ooooooo….the memories of working with 60 kids a week. I toured with the group for three years before finding my happy little spot in Portland. The nice thing about the job back then was that the kids went home after 4 hours. Sanity reset and restored itself every evening while two grown adults decompressed over a beer. Now I often miss those days when I’m home with two screaming kids whom I cannot send back to their parents. No, I get to live with them and the insanity never ceases. I’ve learned to live with insanity, as all parents must. Now, would you please pass the Valium. Mmmm….sweet relaxation…

The last four days I’ve spent every spare moment locked in front of my editing system trying to complete a wedding video for a client, fussing with ‘ERROR’ messages and pert near ready to kick a new vent hole in my G5. The video is about three months overdue, but any faithful reader would know that the last four months I have been booked solid with theatre rehearsals/shows, and still have 4 weeks to go before my schedule frees up. I often hear the question posed again and again, “How do you do it, Evil Baritone? How are you able to juggle family, full time job, home business, theatre and concert work, and still have time to blog?”

Two words:

Mmmmm….valium.

And by the way, if you don’t have your tickets to the holiday extravaganza, Christmas of Swing, better get ‘em quick! They’re sellin’ like the proverbial hotcakes. I’ll be croonin’ as ol’ Blue Eyes himself with the Andrews Sisters. Boo boo boo boo, my children.

Also, if you haven't been following along, Atomictumor (AT) lost BJ who succumbed to the bizarre infection acquired only 17 days ago. Our blogger hearts go out to you, AT.

Comments on "Life is a Blur"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (November 19, 2006 2:04 AM) : 

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

post a comment