Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Lick your popcorn

It's a simple pleasure from childhood. Ya know, when you take a bag of theater popcorn and dip your tongue to catch a kernel? Especially when the bag is really full and the popcorn is spilling over, and you have a HUGE soda in the other hand and you're trying to find a seat, what choice do you have? Ya gotta catch those kernels or lose 'em! Yes, I like to eat my popcorn with my tongue.

I remember as a kid I would pretend I was a lizard and shoot my tongue in the popcorn like I was catching a fly. 'Course, back then I didn't have to share my popcorn. Now I have to share with my wife. And as good of aim as I have, sometimes the popcorn sticks to the tongue, but falls back into the bag. This happens particularly when the bag is half empty and I have to stick my face into the bag to reach the low level of popcorn. Well, it drops back into the fray and gets a little soggy, sure. And yesterday we were at the cinema watching Jonny Depp act like a pirate and she found a few soggy kernels and asked me if I would PLEASE stop using my tongue to eat our popcorn. So after I stuck my tongue at her (very mature, Bob), I promised never to eat popcorn with my tongue again...exept when she leaves to use the restroom. Hey, what she can't see can't hurt her, right?

Comments on "Lick your popcorn"

 

post a comment