Tuesday, August 29, 2006

I Can’t Stand the Smell O’ Me

Ack! Someone remind me not to try a new untested cologne! Today I decided to be daring. Try something different. Instead of my usual French Eau de Nase (see below) I found a little trial bottle of Elizabeth Taylor’s Passion for Men. Hmmm, thought I. This has a pleasant aroma. I think I choose to exude a new redolance today. Emanate a scent of something spicy, yet mysterious. Ok, sure. Splish-splash.

Two sprays and uuuuuugggghhhh! I feel like people can smell me from half a block away! I really find it offensive when I can smell perfume without the wearer even in sight. You ever walk into an empty room, but you think someone is there because ya smell ‘em? They leave their essence wherever they go. Now I’m one of ‘em. This stuff is too strong. For any gentleman thinking of wearing E.T.’s Passion for Men I don’t recommend it. Unless chicks dig it. Do they? Maybe I’m actually a chick magnet today & didn’t even know it.

I prefer a more subtle scent. In my travels to Europe I found a delightful Parfumeur near Nice, France called Fragonard. In their testing room I sprayed a splash of a Men’s Cologne design called Concerto, an invigorating aromatic harmony of freshness, zesty mandarin and bergamot, mellowed with tea, amber and jasmine. The name was perfect for a musician so I bought it. Bought 64 ounces to be exact. Sound like a lot? Bought it in 1999 and I’m still using it. I use their little atomizer & splash myself 3 or 4 times every morning, and I have yet to run out. I like the scent and recommend this foreign parfumeur to anyone.

That does it. No more American cologne for me. I trust the professional French "Noses" over Elizabeth Taylor's nose to create something worth inhaling into my own nostrils. I’m sticking with my French Toilette and keeping with my mysterious Provence lifestyle.

Comments on "I Can’t Stand the Smell O’ Me"

 

Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said ... (August 30, 2006 5:00 PM) : 

Yeah, I'm wondering if Liz's cologne for men is the bottled stank of Larry Fortensky.

 

post a comment