Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Phone Camera

It's a phone AND a camera! I purchased this thing 9 months ago when I changed phone plans. Thought, "how cool it would be to take a pic from my phone and send it to my family & friends." That's all well & good, but how in the world, if one took a decent photo from one's phone, would one get said photo OUT of the phone and into, say, one's computer so they could post it to the web? Well, friends, it took this goof 9 months to figure out that I can set up an account at my phone provider's website, and simply send my photos to that account from my phone in a pix message. Who knew? Now I can log on and view, edit, copy, paste, saute, splice, dice, my photos any time I want. Here's one...

Spring has sprung in Portland! Spring is my favorite season. The leaves have exploded on the trees and after a plentiful wet rainy season we now get to reap the benefits. Everything is green here! The tulips are in full bloom and WOW! are they colorful! It's also hiking season. Time to pull out the walking shoes and get out into the wooded Northwest forests and commune with nature. It's also time to pull weeds. After living in a condo for 5 years I never had to worry about weeds. Now I'm outside nearly on a daily basis (when the rain lets up, that is) and fighting an ongoing battle, daresay a war, with the blasted evil dandylions. Their wicked yellow heads poke up nearly every day and then without warning they turn into apparently harmless balls of fuzz. Then POW! they explode and I've got hundreds more seeds that are just laying in wait to battle with me next year. Oh, I'll get 'em. I'll get 'em all! Ok, maybe I'm getting a little too obsessed with having a yard now. I should focus less on the blasted weeds and get more perty flowers and shrubbery to accent the yard.

Ok, here is what I hear almost constantly throughout my work day...

This tuneful bell sits on the counter and invites anyone to pound on it's melodic clinger. I work in the accounting office of an institute of higher learning. Aside from taking care of the everyday accounting, students need to pay their tuition, receive stipend checks, pay fees, and they get to ring they bell to announce they've arrived so we can drop everything and tend to their every financial need. Anyone got any better idears for grabbing our attention that doesn't require a servant's bell? I'm open for suggestions.

Ok, I've introduced my phone camera and the artful images it produces. More to come...

The Evil Baritone has left the building...

Comments on "Phone Camera"

 

post a comment