Monday, May 01, 2006

Northwest SPB & SPG's

I heard a term on the radio the other day that simplifies my mood when it rains here in the Northwest: A Sunshine Pissy Boy (SPB). And of course there is the opposite sex version: the Sunshine Pissy Girl. This term is used when we here in the Northwest receive a day or two of sunshine and then experience more rain. I mean, c’mon! We’ve endured 9 months of rain already and we get a taste of sunshine and WHAM! more rain. That’s what happened this weekend. We had a beautiful week and expected to have a nice weekend to enjoy gardening, playing in the park, sitting out on the porch & throwing rocks at the kids, whatever, but it rained. And all of us northwest boys & girls became somewhat pissy. So the term we now use when it rains in spring or summer is Sunshine Pissy Boy/Girl. Are you a SPB or an SPG?

So what do I do on those rainy days when I’m feeling like a SPB? I pull out the ol’ Rubik’s Cube and waste time. I counted mixing and fixing this thing about a dozen times. I also slept an un-Godly amount of hours. It must be a short term case of S.A.D. (Seasonal Affective Disorder). Oh, for more days of sunshine! Stop your whining, you SPB!

Comments on "Northwest SPB & SPG's"

 

post a comment